31: Last book you read?
Catching Fire! Loved it. Trying to get through Mockingjay but I’m soooo busy!
32: The book you’re currently reading?
Oh *giggles* – see #31.
33: Last show you watched?
34: Last person you talked to?
My baby girl, Emilie (who is actually 15)
35: The relationship between you and the person you last texted?
Last person I texted was my little cousin who I was raised with so she’s actually a sister to me. And she’s a nun so she really is a Sister!!! LOL! I love her to bits!
26: The reason I joined YouTube?
To watch videos. Duh! LOL!
I honestly don’t believe in listing my fears. It’s just a habit I have. I rarely talk about my fears. Somehow giving voice to them is almost allowing them to come to pass. I don’t allow that! I speak Faith – not fear!!!
28: Last thing that made you cry?
29: Last time you said you loved someone?
I tell my kids and my mom that I love them every day!
30: Meaning behind your YouTube Name?
Vikkisorensen – my real name! LOL!
21: How long does it take you to shower?
About 15 minutes without shaving my legs. About 25 with shaving my legs.
22: How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
From start to finish with full makeup, it took me about an hour.
23: Ever been in a physical fight?
Not really. Got beat up once. LOL!
24: Turn on?
I’m always a sucker for a man who is true gentleman, loves coffee and books! LOL! And of course, a REAL Godly man! Always a plus!
25: Turn off?
Lies! I cannot abide a dishonest man.
16: Favorite Quote?
I have three favorite quotes.
The first is (and I don’t know who said this):
- “You will travel through the valley of rejection, you will live in the land of morning mists, and you will find your home, though it will not be where you left it.” This is what I experienced first hand surviving my divorce.
The second is from the movie Under the Tuscan Sun:
- Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn’t actually kill you. Like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you’ve promised to cherish till death do you part says “I never loved you,” it should kill you instantly. You shouldn’t have to wake up day after day after that, trying to understand how in the world you didn’t know. The light just never went on, you know. I must have known, of course, but I was too scared to see the truth. Then fear just makes you so stupid.
And the third is taken from the Bible, 1Corinthians 13: 4-8:
- Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. (NIV)
17: Favorite actor?
At the moment, Richard Armitage and Jennifer Lawrence.
18: Favorite color?
19: Loud music or soft?
Depends on where I am at. In my car, usually loud!
20: Where do you go when you’re sad?
Bed! Always bed. And there, I usually allow myself to cry it out. Somehow, it always makes it better.
Till next Tuesday………
11: Something you miss? .
I miss having my own space. I love my home and I love my bedroom but there’s nothing like having your own place all to yourself. I miss having that.
12: Favorite song?
It may sound a little contrived but “His Eye Is On The Sparrow” is still one of my favorite songs ever. There’s nothing more comforting to me than to know God is always watching over me! Here is the great Mahalia Jackson singing this most beautiful hymn as only she can.
13: How old are you?
This is easy. I’m 45 years YOUNG!
14: Zodiac sign?
This means nothing to me but Libra.
15: Quality you look for in a partner?
Honesty and integrity. Ten years of being married to a man who played the christian in public and was verbally and emotionally abusive taught me a thing or two about integrity. Who you are in public is who you should be in private.
My good thing for tonight is NO ON-CALL CALLS THUS FAR!!
And may the odds be ever in my favor for the rest of the week!
6: Any tattoos?
Yes, I have three and I want a few more. I have my daughter’s names around my right ankle, some lettering on my other ankle and a rose with a heart on the inside of my left leg. I’d like for my sisters and I to get our sisters’ tattoo and then, I’d like something that signifies my Italian/Irish heritage.
7: Any piercings?
Yes, I have three piercing in each ear.
I have no clue what this is! LOL!
9: Favorite show?
Um…I really don’t watch much TV. If the TV is on, it’s background noise. Push come to shove, I like NCIS, House Hunters International and Rehab Addict.
10: Favorite bands?
This is really hard because there’s so much good music out there! Currently, I love Celtic Thunder, Ryan Kelly, Neil Byrne, Acoustic By Candlelight, Black Veiled Brides and several movie soundtracks! This list can go on and on, to be honest. I’ve listed only what I’ve listened to in the past few days. Then, there’s all the classical music I love, thanks to my Dad.
More next week………..
Today was one of those days when one event put everything in perspective.
My good thing, or person, I should say is my mother. Today, a close friend’s baby girl didn’t have such a good day at daycare. I hugged my friend as she went to be with her baby and then sat down and thought of all the single mothers I work with and how blessed I have been these past eight years to always have my mom.
Even since I moved up north and began working, never once have I ever had to worry about the welfare of my girls. My mom has always been here to care for them. No daycare. No trying to find child care situations. No wondering if they’re doing ok home alone. No worrying. My mother has been here every step of the way. My children have been safe and well cared for when I couldn’t be home and even when I took the opportunity to travel to Europe, my mom took care of my babies.
In short, I’m a blessed woman.
So my good person is my mom and my good thing is daily walking through the doors of my place of business knowing the most precious people in my life are in the best hands ever!
Some may say their good thing today was getting through the day without actually punching someone in the throat. I won’t say that as I vowed to give some serious thought to this.
So, I would say my good thing today was entertaining the thought that until I know what I know about the position someone else is in, don’t make assumptions about their choices. You can take that any way you want and I won’t elaborate. But it is a point to ponder. We question the choices people make around us all the time yet we really don’t ever know or stop to realize the expectation put on them. Now, the effect their choices have on us doesn’t diminish when we do “walk a mile in their shoes” however, it can bring understanding. And understanding can bring a sense of either compassion or empathy. Or simply a sense of peace.
There really is a light at the end of the tunnel, kids. The question is, which track will you be on when you emerge from the darkness.
TMI (Too Much Information – for those who do not know what this means) tag seems to be the big thing in vlogging at the moment.
I’ll play. Only, I’m going to take these questions a few at a time instead of all at once. So, here’s the first five:
1. What are you wearing? At the very moment, my night-gown. And yes, I’m blogging from my bed.
2. Ever been in love? Yes, I have. I loved my husband deeply. That’s what makes betrayal all the more painful. When you love someone so much you change who you are for them, it’s the wrong kind of love. When that person sees you doing that and takes advantage all the more, it’s destructive. I stay away from that kind of “love” – can we really even call it that? No, we cannot. Real love is outlined in 1 Corinthians 13:4-7.
The real question is have you ever been loved? Yes, I have but not by who I should have been.
3. Ever had a terrible breakup? Divorce is the ultimate breakup. Not only did I experience this but so did my girls. You see, when you get married, a piece of your soul becomes fused with your spouse. Divorce is literally the ripping apart of a soul. That’s why it’s so painful. That’s why it’s so destructive.
4. How tall are you? 5″2. Short and sweet!
5. How much do you weight? Na-ah. Not even in a TMI tag will I publish that information. Women are women and, God help us, we are a catty bunch. All I would have to do is to make that public before the fat shaming would begin. So no, I choose not to answer this question.